The European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (ESSFN) is a multinational non-proﬁt organization with a long and rich history.
The principal objectives of the society are:
- to study and teach the methods of functional and stereotactic neurosurgery as applied in the human nervous system as well as to promote scientific investigations in connection with these endeavours
- to investigate the etiology and mechanisms of diseases of the nervous system and their treatment and to teach and promote the investigation of the function of the nervous system and its components,
- to establish scholarships for educational training in these fields,
- to promote scientific and medical research in these areas, and
- to promote, sponsor or solicit assistance for all related activities.
The society strives to achieve its objectives through:
- congresses, lectures and practical courses as well as scientific publications
- personal contacts and close relationships among the members themselves and with physicians and scientists in all specialized fields related to stereotactic and functional surgery of the nervous system.
The journal Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery is the official journal of ESSFN.
There are five different categories of membership: active, associate, resident, honorary and benefactor. The membership has increased steadily over the past few years.
New members are cordially welcome to the ESSFN. Note the special fee for residents.
Benefits include intense contact with colleagues from other European countries, free access to the online version of the journal Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery and at a reduced cost to the printed version, free newsletter, possibilities to serve on the society’s committees and boards, preferences for selection of candidates for teaching courses, reduced fees at congresses.
To become a member please send your CV and the membership application form to the ESSFN secretary.